The NIH Collaboratory Coordinating Center is using its popular Grand Rounds platform to share late-breaking research and promote resources in support of clinical researchers affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
In this week’s COVID-19 Grand Rounds session, Dr. Derek Angus of the University of Pittsburgh will present “Optimizing Learning While Doing: The REMAP-CAP Adaptive Platform Trial.” The REMAP-CAP trial is an adaptive platform trial of treatments for community-acquired pneumonia. The trial team recently implemented a COVID-19 pandemic appendix to the core protocol. The Grand Rounds session will be held on Friday, May 15, at 1:00 pm eastern. Join the online meeting.
Previous COVID-19 Grand Rounds:
- March 20, 2020: Clinical Trials in the Time of COVID-19 (Susanna Naggie, MD; Adrian Hernandez, MD, MHS; Eric Perakslis, PhD)
- April 3, 2020: Innovative Support for Patients with SARS-COV-2 Infections Registry (INSPIRE): Participant-Centered, Rapidly-Deployed, Digitally-Enabled Research (Harlan Krumholz, MD; Bala Hota, MD, MPH; Graham Nichol, MD, MPH)
- April 10, 2020: Hydroxychloroquine for the Early Treatment of COVID-19 in Hospitalized Adults: A Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trial (Sean Collins, MD, MSc)
- April 17, 2020: The HERO Program: PCORnet® at Work to Create a Healthcare Worker Community for Rapid Cycle Evidence (Nakela Cook, MD, MPH; Josie Briggs, MD; Susanna Naggie, MD; Emily O’Brien, PhD; Russell Rothman, MD; Chris Forrest, MD, PhD)
- April 24, 2020: The RECOVERY Trial: A UK National Platform Trial of Potential Treatments for Patients Hospitalised with COVID-19 (Martin Landray, PhD, FRCP)
For more news and resources related to the COVID-19 public health emergency, see the COVID-19 Resources page.