The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) will hold an NIH Videocast on the recently reissued RFA-AT-20-004, “HEAL Initiative: Pragmatic and Implementation Studies for the Management of Pain to Reduce Opioid Prescribing (PRISM) (UG3/UH3, Clinical Trials Optional).” The videocast, to be held on Monday, March 2, from 2:30 to 3:30 pm eastern, will provide an overview of the funding opportunity and address questions from potential applicants. The webinar is optional and not required for application submission.
- RFA-AT-20-004 NIH Videocast Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rfa-at-20-004-heal-prism-reissue-technical-assistance-videocast-tickets-92102728741
The NCCIH, with other NIH Institutes, Centers, and Offices, reissued the funding opportunity announcement on January 23 to solicit applications for the PRISM program. The PRISM funding opportunity will prioritize pragmatic trials embedded in healthcare systems, with focus in the following areas:
- pain management in emergency departments, dental clinics, primary care, and hospitals
- chronic overlapping pain conditions
- pain management in individuals at risk of or with opioid use disorder
- pain management in those with co-occurring mental health disorders
- noncancer pain management in persons with medical comorbid conditions
PRISM is part of the HEAL Initiative, which was created in April 2018 to speed scientific solutions for addressing the national opioid crisis.