The NIH Collaboratory Coordinating Center is using its popular Grand Rounds platform to share late-breaking research and promote resources in support of clinical researchers affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
In this week’s COVID-19 Grand Rounds session, Prof. Martin Landray of the University of Oxford will present “The RECOVERY Trial: A UK National Platform Trial of Potential Treatments for Patients Hospitalised With COVID-19.” This new trial is randomly assigning patients to standard care alone or standard care plus one of a variety of potential treatments for COVID-19. The Grand Rounds session will be held on Friday, April 24, at 1:00 pm eastern. Join the online meeting.
Previous COVID-19 Grand Rounds:
- March 20, 2020: Clinical Trials in the Time of COVID-19 (Susanna Naggie, MD; Adrian Hernandez, MD, MHS; Eric Perakslis, PhD)
- April 3, 2020: Innovative Support for Patients with SARS-COV-2 Infections Registry (INSPIRE): Participant-Centered, Rapidly-Deployed, Digitally-Enabled Research (Harlan Krumholz, MD; Bala Hota, MD, MPH; Graham Nichol, MD, MPH)
- April 10, 2020: Hydroxychloroquine for the Early Treatment of COVID-19 in Hospitalized Adults: A Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trial (Sean Collins, MD, MSc)
- April 17, 2020: The HERO Program: PCORnet® at Work to Create a Healthcare Worker Community for Rapid Cycle Evidence (Nakela Cook, MD, MPH; Josie Briggs, MD; Susanna Naggie, MD; Emily O’Brien, PhD; Russell Rothman, MD; Chris Forrest, MD, PhD)
Recent news announcements:
- March 13, 2020: NIH Shares COVID-19 Guidance and Resources for Applicants and Recipients
- March 16, 2020: Announces Guidance for Clinical Trials Affected by COVID-19 Emergency
We will continue to share new research, resources, and guidance as they become available.