Welcome to your source for training materials on how to design, conduct, and disseminate embedded pragmatic clinical trials (ePCTs). These materials reflect the knowledge, insight, and best practices acquired by the NIH Collaboratory program and its ePCT Demonstration Projects. The resources are being shared with the research community to provide guidance about building partnerships with health systems and overcoming the challenges of conducting pragmatic research. We hope you find this information useful in implementing ePCTs.
We encourage use of these training materials and ask that credit be given to the NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory. For more information, visit the section on How to Cite the Living Textbook.
Drs. Lesley Curtis and Wendy Weber of the NIH Collaboratory discuss highlights from the inaugural ePCT Training Workshop and plans for making more training resources available in the future.
- ePCT Seminar: American Society of Nephrology December 13, 2019
A 2-hour seminar on conducting embedded PCTs with a focus on interventions that are relevant to the nephrology research community
- Essentials of ePCTs Seminar: AcademyHealth 2019 June 12, 2019
An electronic booklet from the June 1, 2019, full-day preconference seminar hosted by AcademyHealth in partnership with the NIH Collaboratory
- Introduction to ePCTs: Self-Paced Study January 17, 2019
Ten self-paced learning modules on how to design, conduct, and disseminate ePCTs
- NIH-Hosted ePCT Workshops January 17, 2019
Recordings and materials from NIH-hosted workshops with ePCT thought leaders and stakeholders
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
- March 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Grand Rounds March 13: Impact of Regulatory Guidance on Evaluating Cardiovascular Risk of New Glucose-Lowering Therapies to Treat Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus–Lessons Learned and Future DirectionsMarch 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- March 19 @ 8:00 am - March 20 @ 5:00 pm
Living Textbook Grand Rounds Series March 27: Part 3-Tips for Putting Together a Successful PCT Grant ApplicationMarch 27 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- February 28, 2020: Meeting Minutes from NIH Collaboratory’s Ethics and Regulatory Core Discussions with the PRISM Demonstration Projects Meeting minutes and supplementary materials are available that summarize discussions related to the ethics and regulatory issues associated with each of the UG3 PRISM Demonstration Projects. These discussions, which took ...
- February 24, 2020: Study Snapshots for Six UH3 Demonstration Projects Are Available Want to know more about the goals and challenges of the NIH Collaboratory’s Demonstration Projects? New downloadable handouts summarize the study aims, implementation lessons, and recent publications and presentations from ...
- February 21, 2020: New Video Interviews Highlight Goals of the NIH HEAL Initiative and PRISM Demonstration Projects Recently, the Collaboratory Coordinating Center conducted video interviews describing the critical work being done in the NIH HEAL Initiative program to address the national opioid crisis. As part of this ...