Welcome to your source for training materials on how to design, conduct, and disseminate embedded pragmatic clinical trials (ePCTs). These materials reflect the knowledge, insight, and best practices acquired by the NIH Collaboratory program and its ePCT Demonstration Projects. The resources are being shared with the research community to provide guidance about building partnerships with health systems and overcoming the challenges of conducting pragmatic research. We hope you find this information useful in implementing ePCTs.
We encourage use of these training materials and ask that credit be given to the NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory. For more information, visit the section on How to Cite the Living Textbook.
Drs. Lesley Curtis and Wendy Weber of the NIH Collaboratory discuss highlights from the inaugural ePCT Training Workshop and plans for making more training resources available in the future.
- ePCT Seminar: American Society of Nephrology December 13, 2019
A 2-hour seminar on conducting embedded PCTs with a focus on interventions that are relevant to the nephrology research community
- Essentials of ePCTs Seminar Materials June 12, 2019
An electronic booklet from the June 1, 2019, full-day preconference seminar hosted by AcademyHealth in partnership with the NIH Collaboratory
- Introduction to ePCTs: Self-Paced Study January 17, 2019
Ten self-paced learning modules on how to design, conduct, and disseminate ePCTs
- NIH-Hosted ePCT Workshops January 17, 2019
Recordings and materials from NIH-hosted workshops with ePCT thought leaders and stakeholders
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
IMPACT Collaboratory Grand Rounds January 23: Using a Pilot to Test and Refine Your Measurement StrategyJanuary 23 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- January 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- January 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Grand Rounds February 14: Do Our Current Research Models Meet the Needs of a Learning Health Care System?February 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- January 16, 2020: NIH Collaboratory Investigators Describe Key Elements of Successful Distributed Research Networks Members of the NIH Collaboratory Distributed Research Network (DRN) have helped build DRNs for the Sentinel System, the NIH Collaboratory, and the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network (PCORnet). In a ...
- January 15, 2020: NIH Collaboratory Announces Data and Resource Sharing Page The NIH Collaboratory Coordinating Center has published a new Data and Resource Sharing Page on the Living Textbook, which is designed to share the data and resources generated by the ...
- January 13, 2020: National Library of Medicine Launches a Modernization of ClinicalTrials.gov As the National Library of Medicine (NLM) celebrates 20 years of ClinicalTrials.gov, a new multi-year initiative is underway to modernize and enhance the user experience of this public resource. To ...